Problem? I have some weirdo food allergies, recipe in this case affected by potatoes and black pepper. Also, I’m feeding this to my family, so I like to turn up the non-toddler-offensive-veggie dial as much as possible. This photo, obviously, is not the finished product, but it’s well on its way, and having made it many times in the past, I rest in the knowledge that it’s going to be a hit.
You can look up all the Cheeseburger Soup recipes you love, but I doubt it will be as vitamin/mineral/antioxidant packed as mine. Here goes:
- Half-Lb ground beef (can sub., but you’ll lose flavor).
- 1C mirepoix mix.
- 1C rutabaga, diced (and cooked–boil or microwave). You can also skip the ruta, and add more carrots, but you lose that ‘potato’ texture.
- 1 single serve, plain Greek Yogurt.
- 1.5 C cheddar, shredded.
- 2 C frozen kale or spinach.
- Dash of cayenne, dash of garlic, lots of paprika and allspice (~full Tsp each).
- 1 drop each of Celery and Carrot Seed Vitality Oil
To begin, drizzle pan with olive oil. Toss in burger and veggies to cook together. Move to low heat. Add yogurt and cheese. At this point, if using raw veggies, add water–enough to saturate the mix, but not cover it–and continue to simmer until veggies are soft.
If you’re working with cooked or canned, you’re good to move on.
At this point, season with above spices and salt to your liking. Of course, if you don’t have a black pepper allergy, experiment with that rather than cayenne. I still like some paprika and allspice, regardless.
Add whatever liquid you like (milk, water, stock or combo thereof) to the desired taste and texture. Salt to your liking. If you like that “sweeter” cheese flavour, add a couple of slices of American.
Serves 6 at a cup+ each.